Wild Atlantic Scallops,
WITH CRATLOE SHEEP’S CHEESE
Wild Atlantic Scallops, Sea Samphire, Organic Tomato Concasse,
Cratloe Sheep’s Cheese
and Gubeen Chorizo Croquettes
Brasserie On The Corner
Ingredients (Makes Approx. 10):
- Creamery Butter 75g
- Plain Flour 75g
- Fresh Organic Milk 350ml
- Gubeen Chorizo Finely Diced 70g
- Cratloe Sheep’s Cheese Shaved 100g
- Panko Bread Crumbs 50g
- Free Range Eggs 2
- 500ml Veg Oil
- In a deep frying pan or small pot, gently cook together the butter, flour and 300ml of the milk
- When the mixture begins to combine in the pan, fold in the Gubeen Chorizo and the Cratloe Sheep’s Cheese
- Place the mixture into a covered bowl and put into the fridge until completely cool
- Roll the mixture into 2cm balls
- Lightly whisk the eggs and the remaining milk to combine
- Roll the balls in the egg mixture, coat in the panko breadcrumb and deep fry until golden brown
Upscale, casual dining has always been the focus at Brasserie on the Corner, specialising in quality, locally-sourced, superior steak and seafood dishes.
The culinary team in Brasserie on the Corner take a in-house approach, preparing and cooking all dishes, where possible, from scratch. From freshly baked breads each morning, to smoking meats and ageing beef in-house, along with creating tempting pastries and desserts, right down to making original recipes for sauces and soup.
Suppliers are also key, working with local producers for a real taste of the West of Ireland. From farm to fork, market to plate, vineyard to glass, every taste tells a story.
If enjoying a glass of red or white with your meal, Brasserie on the Corner boasts more than 40 boutique wines primarily sourced from family owned vineyards across the globe.
Next door, the adjoining Blake’s Corner Bar is your quintessential Irish bar where you can enjoy live music at weekends, along with delicious bar food.